[Faith-talk] Lord's Day Quotes

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 09:30:12 UTC 2011

Hello and good day to you all on this Lord's Day, the day that we corporately set aside to worship Him as our Creator, Sustainer, Redeemer and very special Friend.  I pray that, if you get this message in time and have read it, for those of you who have a church and/or Christian assembly that you go to, that you will get a good word from the Lord as imparted to you by your pastors and/or Sunday school teachers and, more importantly, that you will apply what you have learned and heard to your individual lives as the gracious Holy Spirit enables.  And now, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and anyone else in between, here are some pearls of wisdom for your consideration given by this Baltimore codger.

Your decision about Jesus determines your destiny.

Your response to temptation will either make or break you.

Our character is only as strong as our behavior.

Christ's work makes us safe; God's Word makes us secure.

The power that compels us comes from the Spirit who indwells us.

The measure of your usefulness is the measure of your faithfulness.

The Christian's life is the world's Bible.

It takes the storm to prove the real shelter.

And that's it for today.  Although not mentioned in the subject line, if it's OK to post, I have two prayer requests for your consideration.  The first concerns my System Access screen reader.  It's not a technical problem but a billing address change problem.  I had to change addresses because the P.O. box I was sharing with another couple was terminated by them, and so I have to change the address to my residential address.  Although this is probably a mere formality, please pray that God's favor will be displayed in His answer and that, as He gets the glory, praise, honor and credit, that my System Access software will continue as before.  Thanks a lot.

And now until tomorrow when, Lord willing more quotes will be presented, I remain your obedient servant of the Lord, Paul Barnabas.