[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] The foundation of happiness by Joyce Meyer

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Mon Oct 31 19:45:37 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Donna" <godsgirl54 at att.net>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] The foundation of happiness by Joyce Meyer
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:38:51 -0400

The Foundation of Happiness
by Joyce Meyer - posted October 31, 2011

All has been heard; the end of the matter is: Fear God [revere and
worship Him, knowing that He is] and keep His commandments, for this is the
whole of man [the full, original purpose of His creation, ... the
foundation of all happiness ...] and the whole [duty] for every man.
-Ecclesiastes 12:13

The writer of Ecclesiastes was a man who literally tried everything to be
happy. He had much wealth, great power, and many wives. He restrained
himself from no earthly pleasure. Anything his eyes desired, he took. He
ate, drank, and made merry. He had tremendous knowledge, wisdom, and
respect, yet he hated life. Everything began to appear useless to him. He
tried to figure out what life was all about and became more and more
confused.

Finally, he realized what his problem had been all along. He had not been
obeying God's commandments. He was unhappy because of it and made the
statement that the foundation of all happiness is obedience.

There are many, many sad, grieved individuals walking around blaming
their unhappy lives on people and circumstances, failing to realize that
the reason for their dissatisfaction is their disobedience toward God.

I believe you want to be happy. The key to happiness is obeying God.
Ecclesiastes 12:13 says that obedience is "the adjustment to all
inharmonious circumstances." That means that anything out of order or
harmony got that way through disobedience and only obedience can bring it
back into harmony. Every time we obey God, something in our lives improves.

God's word for you today: Set your mind to obey God in all things and
your joy will increase.

Love is ever ready to believe the best of every person. 1 Cor 13:7 amp.