[Faith-talk] Miracles

Joshua Lester jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu
Sat Sep 10 22:32:13 UTC 2011

Hi, it's Joshua Lester.
I mentioned one of the miracles, in the inspiration thread, but I want
to list some miracles, that have been documented, and I was present,
when some of these took place.
#1. My grandmother and I went to a revival service, at the Pentecostal
Church of Jesus Christ, in Stuttgart, arkansas, when I was 10 years
old.
Don Gordon was the evangelist.
The only accompaniment, for the worship, was Brother Gordon's guitar,
and a tambereen, because the church pianist had broken her arm.
That first night of the revival, Brother Gordon called her out.
He anointed her with oil, and she took the arm out of the sling.
She was totally healed.
She went to the piano, and sang, this song.
"Isn't he wonderful, wonderful, wonderful?
Isn't Jesus, my lord wonderful?
Eyes have seen.
Ears have heard.
Tis recorded in God's word.
Isn't Jesus my lord wonderful?"
She played the piano, for the rest of the revival.
That miracle sparked my interest, in Pentecost.
#2. I'm reminded of a recent miracle, that took place, in Norwich, Conneticutt.
Erica Alfred was born with Eczema, (an irritating skin condition, that
causes you to itch, and also causes rashes to break out, everywhere.)
Brother Ren Rutledge, (my friend, and the pastor of the Norwich
Tabernacle,) anointed her with oil, and prayed for her.
The Alfred family began to notice, that Erica's skin began clearing
up, and now, she doesn't have Eczema, anymore.
#3. Laura Tichy.
That name, says it all!
Three years ago, she was in a car accident.
The medics took her to the hospital, where the physicians said, that
she was clenically dead.
My pastor was called to the hospital.
He prayed for her, and God worked a miracle.
Laura is in the nursing home, still recovering, and she should be
coming home, in a matter of weeks.
God is good!
Finally, #4. My personal testimony.
I was 13 years old, and about to go to school.
To me, choir was everything.
I always loved to sing, and still do.
I had lost my voice, and couldn't speak above a whisper.
I was coughing, and having symptoms of bronchitis.
I went to the doctor, and he gave me the usual antibiotics, but they
didn't work.
On the following thursday, I had Benny Hinn's program on the tv.
He gave a word of knowledge, (see 1 Corinthians, 12,) that described
everything I was experiencing.
I claimed my healing, in Jesus name, and by 7:30 PM, that night, my
voice returned.
There are things, that Benny Hinn does, that I disagree with, and I
disagree with him on doctrine, but I don't discredit the anointing on
him, because God healed me, through that ministry.
God still does miracles today!
I'm a living witness!
There have been many other experiences, including an angelic encounter
I had, 3 months ago, but the doubters on here, won't believe it.
I've never seen so much doubt, and unbelief, anywhere.
First people doubt, that Pentecost is real, then they doubt miracles.
What's next?
I'm tired of the attitudes I've dealt with.
I've moderated forums, before.
I've banned people, that through names out there.
I haven't called anyone bad names, (such as Jezabel,) and I won't do that.
To see the attacks against the Pentecostal movement, and the blatent
name-calling, against a deceased minister, (Katherine Kullman,) is
very offensive.
If I called some of the heroes on this list Jezabels, and false
teachers, I'd be banned from here.
Everyone needs a fair hearing, on this list.
Many people, of many denominations, and faiths post here, and I respect that.
I'd appreciate it, if you'd do the same for us Pentecostals.
Thanks, Joshua