[Faith-talk] Profanety on the lists

Joshua Lester jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu
Sun Sep 11 17:16:00 UTC 2011

Hi, it's Joshua Lester.
I'm about to post something, all of us might agree with, (for a change.)
Ephesians, 4:29, "Let no corrupt communication proceed forth, out of thy mouth."
The corrupt communication, is unwholesome talk, (in another translation.)
I'm refering to the cursing.
It can also mean racial slurs.
The cursing, has been a problem, on 2 of the lists, I'm on.
I thank God for our list owner, who has taken a stand against this.
My 10th grade English teacher, while giving a student detention, for
using the "F," word, said this.
"When someone uses profane language, it shows, that they have a
lemited vocabulary."
Mrs Linda Kover, was correct, with that statement.
We, as Christians, shouldn't be using that kind of language, anyway.
I've noticed, that some slip up, and do it, but it bothers me, when it
becomes a common occurrence.
If Jesus didn't talk like that, neither should we.
We're to be an example, to the world.
I'm also apalled, at the fact, that in the South, (where I live,)
there are so-called Christians, that use racial slurs, (such as the
"N," word.
I'm tired of that.
God is not pleased, with that kind of conduct!
It's time for us to repent, for allowing that kind of stuff.
Although I titled this thread, Profanety on the lists, it applies to
our daily lives.
Let's be a Godly example, to those we meet, along life's way.
Blessings, Joshua