[Faith-talk] FW: DEVOTIONAL BY LILLIAN

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Mon Sep 12 20:11:41 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: bakerwolff at aol.com
To: dana_shannon at sbcglobal.net, fayeruth at frontier.com,
wndavis at comporium.net, brondwyn at hotmail.com, emma.lewis at ci.monroe.la.us,
adoria2 at aol.com, bible124 at bellsouth.net, cbrice at adt.com, eric at pmpmail.com,
marykf at sowega.net, Mschemer at bellsouth.net, powellda1 at bellsouth.net,
tiny3353 at suddenlink.net, trustingspirit at sbcglobal.net, jjoiarib1 at aol.com,
Ladigator26 at aol.com, Marycflorence at aol.com, EWADDING at JUNO.COM,
bujewhitehead at yahoo.com, normajeanjaxfl at aol.com, JanHahn10 at aol.com,
easthook at iowatelecom.net, marcieperez14 at yahoo.com, ptrchahn at yahoo.com,
willisons at bellsouth.net, lorraine.hol5 at yahoo.com, tolugo at netzero.net,
millerneshkoro246 at gmail.com, Shirlwithcurl at yahoo.com,
wigodscare at sbcglobal.net, jfritchen at wi.rr.com, mopar440man at sbcglobal.net,
elem38 at sbcglobal.net, dark at att.net, rmmiller10 at hotmail.com,
classysunshine at yahoo.com, taraSudbury at hotmail.com, suziefly45 at gmail.com,
tecooper at hotmail.com
Subject: DEVOTIONAL BY LILLIAN
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2011 16:03:47 -0400 (EDT)

WHAT  ABOUT YOUR LEGACY?
There is a story about Alfred Nobel, who one  day was actually reading
his
own obituary because someone had mistakenly thought  that he had died.
He
was very  curious to see just how he would be remembered by those who
knew
him.  Now Nobel was a brilliant chemist and  had made a great fortune as
the
inventor of dynamite.  However, Nobel didn't want to be  remembered for
his
brilliance, or his riches, and certainly not for inventing  dynamite.
He took a look at his life and decided that  he wanted to leave a more
positive legacy.  So he took quite a chunk of his wealth and established
the
Nobel Prizes  to acknowledge people who had made great achievements in
this
life.
When my mother and father died they were not  able to give my sister and
me
a great lot of financial riches.  My father was a hardworking coal
miner.
But they left a legacy of  love and training.  We were taught  to respect

other people and to never make fun of anyone.  We were taught to be
honest
and truthful  and to work for a living.  We were  taught that we could
excel
in school and otherwise.  Most of all we spent a great deal of  time in
the
house of God.  I will  never be able to leave a lot of money and
possessions
to our children, but I do  want to live such a life that it will make my
children proud of me and my stand  for Christ.  I want to live by "The
Book".
 Talk is so cheap.  We need to walk the talk and talk the  walk.  There
is
no room for shabby  Christianity.  Most of all our  children know if we
are
really living the life as Christ would have  us.
Many feel that money, pride, power and  position are the important things

in this life.  How many Dads are too busy making a  living to actually
live
their life with their family in mind?  Even ministers get so busy, doing
good
 for others, that they neglect their wives and children.  Wives become so

busy with their social  clubs, etc., that they neglect their greatest
gifts
-- their  children.
Take time to look backwards over your life  and see if it is what you
wish
to be remembered by.  Will you be remembered as loving and  caring, or
hateful and grumpy?  Will  you be remembered for what you gave and not for
what
you kept?  Will you be remembered for being  hospitable?  Will you be
remembered  as a real Christian?  There are a  couple of kinds of
Christians -- the
real and the fake.  I have often said that children have a  better
understanding of what is real and what is not than most adults do.
LILLIAN  WOLFF
IT IS EASIER TO  PREACH TEN SERMONS THAN TO LIVE ONE!2011  -- All rights
reserved by the ministry of Faith In Action and Lillian B. Wolff,  of 6107

Harris Avenue, Kansas City, Mo. 64133.  Commercial use  prohibited
without
permission.