[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Ignore distractions by Joyce Meyer

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sun Sep 25 18:10:28 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Donna" <godsgirl54 at att.net>
To: <URCTCPrayerGroup2 at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Ignore distractions by Joyce Meyer
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2011 11:51:52 -0400

Ignore Distractions
by Joyce Meyer - posted September 23, 2011

And when they raised their eyes, they saw no one but Jesus only.
-Matthew 17:8

Our own flaws can distract us from keeping our eyes on Jesus. If we think
too much about what is wrong with us, we will forget what God can do
through us. If we look too much at what we lack, we will forget to be
thankful for what we have.

The Bible says to look away from all that will distract us from focusing
on Jesus. (See Hebrews 12:2). If your faith begins to waver, quickly get
your eyes on Jesus, who is the Source of your faith and the Incentive for
your belief. Remember how He endured the cross, despising and ignoring the
shame of it, for the joy of winning you to Himself. He promises to bring
your faith to maturity and perfection.

Jesus said if I can believe all things are possible, so I believe. Mark
9:23