[Faith-talk] Singing Hymns

Sheila Leigland sleigland at bresnan.net
Sun Sep 25 21:48:57 UTC 2011

HELLO JOSHUA  i GREW UP IN AN UNUSUAL CHURCH A SMALL SOUTHERN BAPTIST CHURCH WHERE OUR PASTOR STILL WORKED AS A WATCH REPAIRMAN IN HIS OWN SHOP. PEOPLE from all walks of life went there. Pastor was unusual in that all were welcomed and encouraged to worship as long as they professd  christ as lord ansd saviour. I remember the deacons carrying someone in a wheelchair to be baptized and theese things were done long before ada and other laws concerning disabilities were enacted. The church became as much a family to me as my own earthly family in some ways more. I've never before or since felt so accepted and loved in any church dody. They knew that at the heart of jesus message was love.