[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] URCTC Prayer Group 2 Devotional: DIRECT YOUR FAITH by Dr Savelle

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Thu Apr 5 05:32:01 UTC 2012

Original Message:
From: "BeeJay" <beejayokla at cox.net>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] URCTC Prayer Group 2 Devotional: DIRECT YOUR
FAITH by Dr Savelle
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2012 00:23:56 -0500

DIRECT YOUR FAITH
Author: Dr Jerry Savelle
Verse(s): Hebrews 10:23

Today's Confession: "I will hold fast to the profession of my faith
without wavering."

Devotional:
Yesterday we talked about focus. I want to talk about that some more
today. The Spirit of God once said this to me, "For the believer, focus is
determining where to direct your faith and holding it there until that
which you are believing for comes to pass."
"I will cry to God Most High, Who performs on my behalf and rewards me
[Who brings to pass His purposes for me and surely completes them]!" Psalm
57:2 (Amplified)

It's not enough to just be inspired. Inspiration is not enough. It's the
starting point. But if God's Word is going to come to pass in your life
then it requires sustained focus.

Satan has many subtle ways of stealing our focus. One is by getting us to
begin to murmur and complain because it seems that things are taking too
long. Or he tries to get us upset because someone else got their
breakthrough before we did.

This is why Paul stated that we must not be ignorant of Satan's devices
(II Corinthians 2:11). When he has caused you to lose your focus, the
result will be "wavering." You'll begin to doubt the validity of God's
promise and your right for it to come to pass in your life.

"Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he
is faithful that promised)." Hebrews 10:23

This gives the idea that our faith is trying to drift away but we must
grasp it firmly and hold on to it with everything that is in us.

We can see how dangerous it is for us to allow ourselves to become
distracted. Distractions not only steal our focus but also immobilize our
faith.

". . . we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing . . ." Luke
5:5

Many times we find ourselves in the same boat as Peter, doing everything
we know to do yet at the end of the day we have nothing (in the natural) to
show for it. We've prayed, we've confessed the Word, we've forgiven, and
we've stood. We've renewed our mind, set our goals, watched our mouths -
yet it looks as though nothing is working! It's Satan's attempt to get you
to lose focus.

Satan knows how dangerous a focused, single-minded Christian is to his
operations. He knows that a focused, single-minded believer who is
confident in who he is in Christ Jesus can obtain anything he dares to
believe for. That's why he will do everything that he possibly can to draw
this person in a different direction. He knows that a double-minded person
can't receive anything from God (James 1:7-8).

Peter said that they had "taken nothing" but then he followed with these
words; " . . . nevertheless at thy word . . ." This is the most important
thing that you can do when "nothing" is staring you in the face. By
declaring this phrase, Peter kept himself from being pulled into a
different direction. He overcame the distraction and later was rewarded in
a big way.

Maybe it seems as though nothing is happening in your life. I want to
challenge you today to not lose focus, don't give up. Declare this phrase
in your life: Nevertheless, at thy Word. Stay focused, press toward the
mark, and watch God move on your behalf.

Join Sis BeeJay every Thursday night at 7PM Central time for the URCTC
Prayer Group 2 telephone conference call, non-denominational bible study.
Everyone is welcome. The number is: 1 (213) 406-8520. The access code is:
364-4831