[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Easter Sunday, April 8 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 01:40:48 UTC 2012

Hello folks.  Here's your good night message for you all on this Resurrection Sunday as I like to call it.  Judging by the number of emails posted to the various lists that I subscribe to, everyone had an enjoyable day for which I praise God.  But now, after a whirlwind round of food and fellowship, both of the spiritual as well as the gustatory kind, it's time to retire for the night, at least for those of us residing in the eastern part of North America as I write this at approximately 9:31 p.m. eastern time.

I've a homework assignment for you to do during the next several days.  No, I'll not come back and quiz you on what you read.  But read I Corinthians 15, all 58 verses, and see how it ties in with the resurrection.  Read it in your Bible version of choice as well as your format of choice.

And now for the verses of the evening taken from the New King James Version of the Bible.  They are found in Hosea 11:3-4 which is rendered as follows: "I taught Ephraim to walk, taking them by their arms; but they did not know that I healed them.  I drew them with gentle cords, with bands of love, and I was to them as those who take the yoke from their neck.  I stooped and fed them."

Are you weighed down by a yoke which seems to be hanging about your neck? Read what the Lord said through Hosea above, and compare that with Matthew 11:28-30 and you will find just how deep and fathomless His love is for you.  May these words from Holy Scripture above minister to you as they did and still do to me.  And now will close this message with the assurance that, no matter what you're going through, Jesus is with you, even though you may not understand that fully.  Your Christian brother, Paul Barnabas