[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for April 11 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 02:46:05 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to all my fellow saints of the Most High God residing in North America.  How was your day today? Mine was good, especially due to the fact that I joined another audio chat site and, in the process, hopefully made new friends and they made new friends in my acquaintance.  As blind people, we can't have too many friends, especially those who stick with us through thick and thin.

The Scripture passage that I have selected for this evening isn't even a verse, but the beginning of one in the form of a question.  It can be found in Zechariah 4:10 which, in the New King James Version, is rendered thus: "For who has despised the day of small things?" Now that's an interesting question.  Don't know exactly what that would mean in everyday life, but I would venture to say that sometimes we feel that our routine and humdrum efforts at pleasing God don't count very much in our minds sometimes.  I'm here to say that they definitely do.  Take an example that occurred to me over 27 years ago, something I will never forget.

At that time I was a Roman Catholic and we were rehearsing our musical numbers for a folk mass.  At that time I was a little blue over the fact that my brother Louis was engaged to a lady named Wendy, whom he eventually married.  I was blue because I couldn't even find a female companion just to hang out with.  I started to cry, when a lady who worked for Catholic Charities who was doing something or other in the church, noticing my predicament, took me aside and said something I'll never forget.  She said: "It takes a brave man to cry." Now I've since gotten over this, but at that time it was what I needed to hear.  Something as trivial as that could lighten a person's load.  Let's try to do something similar for someone tomorrow or today, if you're reading this in the morning, either in person or in an email.

And now let us all get some sleep with the hope and assurance that God will be with us throughout the night.  Your Christian brother, Paul Barnabas