[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Faith and not Fear - John Hagee Devotional

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Thu Apr 12 18:38:47 UTC 2012

Original Message:
From: "thefamilyoffaith" <TheFamilyofFaith at tampabay.rr.com>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>,
<INTERCESSORS-ALLNATIONS at yahoogroups.com>,
<dfpprayerwarriors at suddenlink.net>, <unitedprayermail at aol.com>,
<CcHhEeSsTtEeRr at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Faith and not Fear - John Hagee Devotional
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:09:04 -0400

If you'll have faith and not fear. if you'll start acting like a victor
instead of a victim, great things will start happening in your life today!

(Ephesians 1:17-18) - "that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father
of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the
knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that
you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the
glory of His inheritance in the saints,"

You've got to succeed somewhere, so start where you are with what you
have.  Bloom where you're planted.  "Well, I don't have anything," you say.
 With God, that's enough.  I went to the university on a football
scholarship and I was poorer than Job's turkey.  One day I was talking to a
student whose father owned the King Ranch.  I bragged to him that I had
something money couldn't buy.  He looked at me and said, "And what would
that be?" I said, "Poverty."  Change your attitude even if you can't change
your circumstances.

There are all kinds of religious excuses people give to hide behind their
failure.  "Jesus was poor, and I want to be like him."  Jesus described his
kingdom as a place where they use gold for asphalt, where the gates are of
solid pearl, and where mansions designed by the architect of the ages have
foundations of diamonds, rubies and sapphires.  If that's poverty, I want
to try it.

What about the verse that says you can't serve god and mammon (Matthew
6:26)?  The key word is serve.  You can't serve money and serve God.  But
you can be friend of God and be plenty wealthy.  Abraham is called the
friend of God and he was an exceedingly wealthy man.  Solomon had gold
hinges in his horse stable-that's better than Ross Perot!  I know people
driving a 20-year-old car held together with baling wire who love money and
can't get their hands on it.  They're broke, but they're still serving
money.