[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Tuesday, April 24 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 02:15:48 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to my fellow list members residing in North America.  I hope and pray that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that you all had a good day today in your activities, whether many or few, outstanding or humdrum, and that you are ready to retire, in the words of the politically correct people, to your nocturnal domiciliary habitation, otherwise known as bed.

Our inspirational poem for this evening is from the pen of Dianna Simmons.  It's called "A Conversation With God," and it not only is very cleverly written, but in the original which I'm following, God's words are in all capital letters while those of the inquirer are written in ordinary letters.  Let's read this one right now and you'll see what I mean.

What in the world did I ever do
to deserve Your love and friendship so true?
YOU FORGET THAT I MADE YOU.  I FORMED EVERY BONE.  LISTEN AND HEAR TO FIND YOUR WAY HOME.

You gave me my life but I threw it away
For I was a sinner who had gone astray.
I GAVE YOU A MIND SO YOU'D HAVE A CHOICE.  I STILL WANTED YOU TO LISTEN AND HEED MY VOICE.

With all With all of the things I had said and done,
I did not deserve Your only Son.
YOU ARE MY CHILD, MY JOY AND PRIDE.  THAT'S WHY JESUS LIVED AND THAT'S WHY HE DIED.

I thought that I could never return, but You showed me, dear Lord, I had much to learn.
YES, YOU WERE A SINNER WHO HAD GONE ASTRAY; BUT YOU WERE FORGIVEN WHEN YOU ASKED ME TO STAY.

I realize I can never repay
the debt You paid when You went away.
I ASK FOR ONLY YOUR FAITH AND YOUR LOVE AND I'LL CARRY YOU HOME ON THE WINGS OF A DOVE.

I promise You now that I'll try everyday
To follow Your footsteps, just light my way.
I'M ALWAYS WITH YOU! I'm RIGHT BY YOUR SIDE, JUST LISTEN AND FOLLOW FOR I AM YOUR GUIDE.

And there you have it for this evening, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of our heavenly King-Father and saints of the Most High God.  Until tomorrow evening when, Lord willing another similar message will be presented, I remain your obedient servant of the One who lived an earthly existence, died to pay for your sins and mine and now lives forever to bring us His salvation and peace, Paul Barnabas.