[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Wednesday, August 1 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 02:55:26 UTC 2012

Hello and good day to all my fellow saints of the Most High God and fellow human beings on planet Earth.  I hope that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that your day went well or, if you live in other parts of our world, that your day is going well.  My day went well, especially the two times that Michelle and the undersigned visited Chick-Fill-Ay as part of their appreciation day in support of their corporate stand to defend traditional marriage, no matter how the homosexuals act, scream or pout.

Our poetic words of inspiration today come from the pen of May Smith of Clearwater FL.  Entitled "The Beautiful Morning Glory," it is rendered as follows:

The morning glory does not always mean the flower that grows.
It means the glorious sunrise, and the birds that are in repose.
And as the sun gets higher,
Its beauty showers the earth;
The birds begin to sing again;
Their songs are full of mirth.

These beautiful feathered friends of ours
Look down on us below;
They try to cheer us with their songs
As they flutter to and fro.

The sun brings everything to life.
Just like a moving mirror,
It reflects the beauty of the earth
On everything that grows.

It sends its heat down to the earth
To replenish and give new birth.
In wintertime it sends its rays
And helps to melt the snow.
It is only in the morning
The sun waits to tell its story,
And that is why I call it,
The beautiful morning glory.

And there you have it for today.  Before I close, I have an ongoing prayer request for this time of the week.  Please pray for my voluntary on-call shift for our local crisis pregnancy center that will occur between midnight and 6 a.m. eastern time, August 2.  Pray that, if a lady calls the center contemplating abortion, that the Lord will not only give me the words to say, but when to say them and, just as important, to say them with the right tone of voice.  On behalf of these precious sisters carrying precious little lives, I thank you for your prayers.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last evil days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul