[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Thursday, August 2 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 02:09:46 UTC 2012

Hello and good day to you all, and good evening to my fellow saints of the Most High God residing in North America.  How was your day today? Mine was good, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

Our words of poetic inspiration today come from yet a little-known poetess, Miss Vera Siblock of Oshawa, Ontario Canada.  Her simple but eloquent words are just the kind needed by someone who is down or blue.  Her entry is entitled "Believe In God," and is rendered as follows:

Do you go along life in a dreary way?
Do you find it a drudgery from day to day?
If you get to know God, you will soon see
Just how different things can be.

Think about Him for a little while,
Then you will really want to smile.
He will help you if you pray,
But be sure to say "thanks" without delay.

God tries to show you right from wrong.
Follow His path, and you'll get along.
There isn't reason for you to feel blue.
Believe in God, and He'll take care of you.

And there you have it for this time.  I suppose that none of you Canadians have ever heard of her, but it would be nice to know if you ever had.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  By the way, I'm in need now more than ever for an old bedsheet, as I've acquired a baby giben, a species of monkey, for a pet and she requires a warm and soft sheet.  So, if you have any old but usable ones, please send them my way.  In case of duplicates, will save the others for a time when one wears out.  Your Christian brother and friend and sometimes wacky guy, Paul