[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Sunday, August 5 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 00:56:55 UTC 2012

Well, the end of another Lord's Day is approaching here in North America.  For the rest of you it's already Monday.  I hope and pray that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that you all had a good day in the Lord.  Mine was so-so.  It could have been better, but with everybody doing his/her own thing in my church, we singles were left high and dry.  I'm sure it's the same with singles in many places.

Our words of inspiration this evening come from the pen of Dr. Amy Kemp of Salt Lake City Utah.  Her contribution is entitled "The Trees," and is rendered as follows:

I think when I look on a forest so green
Where trees spread their branches out wide,
How each one in turn
Gives its life up for me.
Just think what the trees all provide.

Some give their lives to just keep me warm
While other trees furnish my home.
Some trees, as ships,
Go out on the sea,
Out on the ocean foam.

When I visit a park on a warm summer day
And rest in the shade of a tree,
I breathe out a prayer for my soul up to God
For the comfort it gives unto me.

I might stroll on the prairies
Or roam in the hills,
But lonely and sad I would be
Till I'd see in the distance, the friend of the earth
A beautiful, beckoning tree.

And there you have Dr. Kemp's submission for today.  Don't know if she was a pH.D or maybe earned an Ed.d., but whatever doctorate she earned, I hope it was a success to her career.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout the night or day and especially in these last and evil days.  And hey folks.  Please take pity on this guy who doesn't like to sleep on dryer sheets and, if you can find an old but usable bed sheet, please wash it and send it my way.  Thanks in advance.

And now good night and sweet dreams to you all.  Your Christian brother, Paul