[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Saturday, August 4 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 00:40:32 UTC 2012

Hello and good day, my fellow saints of the Most High God, wherever you reside in this world.  For many of us, it's a rather sad time as the Talking Communities (TC) client is down.  However for many of you, I've provided an alternative method of communicating with each other and perhaps even making new friends, if you are of a mind to go back to old-fashioned technology and leave your computers for just a little while.  Hopefully our words of inspiration may lessen for a little our sadness in that we can't communicate via our computers.

And who do we have for our inspirational person this evening? Her name is/was Betty Curl of Canton Ohio.  If you are fond of our feathered friends, this will be right up your alley, so to speak.  On the other hand, if not, you just may get something from Sister Betty.  Entitled "The Cardinal," it is rendered as follows:

Have you seen the cardinal, priest of the Birds?
Have you hearkened to his gentle words?
"Bless you," calls he;
"Bless you!" calls he,
>From his pulpit, the old oak tree.

Have you seen his robes of princely hue?
Has he preached at the morn to you?
"Pray now!" calls he;
"Pray now!" calls he
>From his altar of greenery.

Have you seen him bow
His red-capped head
Telling bird parishioners to be in bed?
"Rest you," calls he,
"Rest you," calls he
And on his own pulpit,
Asleep falls he.

And there you have it for today.  Hope you learned something about the cardinal, as I surely did.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us all safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night and especially in these last evil days in which we live.  Also May He give us in North America and in Europe sufficient rest to go to our local house of worship tomorrow, or an online congregation, whatever that might be, and that He would cause us not only to hear and learn what our pastors and/or Sunday school teachers have to say, but that we would apply the same to our individual lives as the gracious Holy Spirit enables.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul