[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Saturday, August 11, 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 00:52:27 UTC 2012

Well, it's that time once again, the end of another week and the beginning of the next.  Wonder what this coming week will bring to us individually and collectively? Well, our Lord only knows.  Anyway how was your day today? Mine was good, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

Our words of inspiration this evening come again from the pen and God-given fertile mind of one whose name I didn't take down, but I know that these words will bless you.  Entitled "My Star of Hope," it is rendered as follows:

I saw a bright and shining star
High up in the midnight sky.
Rapture held me by this glory far;
The soft white clouds went drifting by.

My spirit soared on eagles' wings;
I know that God intends it so.
Left far behind all sordid things,
Though I must return to Earth below.

When I feel depressed and low,
I tightly close my eyes and wait.
Then I behold my star of hope
And know that God helps me to concentrate.

Now, peace and poise with me abide;
My star of hope has shown the way.
I calmly cast all cares aside
And praise my God for hope today.

And there you have it for today.  Although this is a bit early for most of us in North America for you to receive this message, as I always do on occasion, I pray that it will be received with as much enthusiasm as with previous good night messages.  And hey, I'm going to put out another request.  Do any of you have a stuffed inflatable animal that's sitting around gathering dust that you'd like to pass on to someone? If so, please send it or them my way.  Will give you my postal address in a private email, as common courtesy will not allow me to give it on any of these lists.  I can be reached at oilofgladness47 at gmail.com.  I'd merely like to have some backups in case the others, for whatever reason, become lost and I can't find them.  I'm referring of course to the inflatable stuffed animals that were sent to me originally.  Thanks in advance.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night and especially in the last days in which we live, and I pray that, as God wills and allows, that we will be able to get up and go to either a local house of worship in our communities tomorrow or else gather with like-minded believers in an online congregation.  Your Christian brother and friend, Paul