[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Tuesday, August 14 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 01:36:09 UTC 2012

Hello and good day to you all wherever in this wide world you happen to live in, and good evening to all my fellow saints residing in North America.  How was your day today, by God's matchless grace and His providential care? Mine was good, although I didn't do much except hanging out on the internet.

Mrs. Hannah Myrick of Middlebury VT, home to Middlebury College and a community located on the eastern shore of Lake Champlain, wrote this poem to be featured today.  Entitled simply "My Prayer," it is rendered as follows:

Be Thou my comfort, Lord;
Be at my side.
Be Thou my patience, Lord,
And be my guide.
Be Thou my courage, Lord;
Oh be my stay.
Be Thou my goodness, Lord,
My holy way.

Be Thou my Savior, Lord
With love divine.
Heal, cleanse and lead me, Lord
Till holy Thine.
Be Thou my Master, Lord,
My Bread and wine;
My Life, my Peace and Joy
Till the end of times.

And there you have it for today.  You know, even though many of you don't respond to these good night messages, I can feel you symbolically holding my hand, and I'm not referring to sex or anything like that.  Just call it, in the political correctness words, "interdigital communication." Now that's something to lay on people whom you know who consider themselves know-it-alls.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Good night, my fellow saints in North America, and hope you have a peaceful and restful sleep.  Good day, all of you in the rest of the world, and hope that your day is going well.  Your Christian brother and friend, Paul