[Faith-talk] Please Pray for the Gospel Association for the Blind

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 18:17:21 UTC 2012

Hello folks.  This morning I received a rather disturbing note in the mail from the Gospel Association for the Blind.  Please read the following which they sent me and all other Braille readers.

We regret to inform you that the July-August issue of the Braille Gospel Messenger will be our last issue in Braille.  Unfortunately, our Braille printers have been a maintenance nightmare.  Every month, one of our Braille printers has broken down or misprints our messages.  Many of you have complained about the misprints, and we have done everything possible to correct these mistakes to no avail.  The costs of repair and shipping the Braille printers back to the manufacturer have been an enormous strain on the ministry.  Therefore, we encourage you to call us to receive the cassette version of the Gospel messenger or to go to our website on a monthly basis to hear our magazine.  You can hear these messages at http://www.gaftb.org and click on MEDIA.  This is a dropdown menu from which you can select to hear the issue of choice.  Each month we update our website with the latest Gospel Messenger magazine.  God bless you.  End of note

What I am most concerned about are our deaf-blind compatriots who have to be excluded from reading this magazine, as they can't avail themselves of audio materials.  Please pray that a miracle be forthcoming, in God's timing, that the Braille version of the Gospel Messenger be reinstituted.  And please pass this on to any organization or group who can help this ministry out at minimal cost to them and yet providing the highest quality of Braille.  On behalf of our deaf-blind brother and sister Christians, wherever in the world they may reside, I thank you for your prayers most of all and any help you can give.  Please pass this onto any appropriate person or agency.  Your friend in Christ, Paul