[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Friday, August 17 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 01:18:53 UTC 2012

Hello and good day or evening wherever in this world you may reside.  How was your day today, or for our members in the South Pacific, how is your day going? Mine was good, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

"A Daily Prayer" by Jean Carter Cochran of Plainfield NJ is the poem selected for presentation this day or evening, rendered as follows:

Now, the night is over;
Day is drawing nigh.
Golden glow of sunlight
Shines across the sky.

Dear Lord, fill the hours of work and love for Thee,
So friends in my conduct
Jesus Christ may see.

Not a very long poem, I'll admit, but the old saying is so true that sometimes "great things come in small packages." And that's so true of each of us.  In ourselves we may seem small, but to others we are giants of God-given moral strength, encouragement and edification.  I know that I speak not only for myself but for others who have both been helped by others as well as helping others by a word of cheer, comfort and solace.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian brother and friend, Paul