[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Monday, August 27 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 01:04:00 UTC 2012

Hello folks.  Unfortunately I didn't go to the Shiloh Baptist Camp Meeting as John had a family emergency, but praise God, the Maryland Baptist Bible College's radio station WOEL broadcast the whole thing live, so was able to be there, albeit via the internet.  Anyway how was your day today? Mine was good, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.  As for the rest of you in other parts of the world, I hope and pray that your Tuesday is going well.

Rowena L. Califf of Carthage IL is up next with her submission for today entitled "Antiques in Anguish," rendered as follows:

There seems to be a hidden power
In water, earth or air
That always draws my largest guests
straight to my weakest chair.
The sturdy thrones of padded foam
And chincy elegance
Are all passed by repeatedly,
With scarcified long glance.

When I am holding open house,
To me it isn't sport
To see those husky friends of mine
Chide for the davenport.
So frail it is,
An ancient piece in every part;
To see it overloaded
Just wrings my collective heart.

It's hard to make you welcome, guest
While hearing my antiques protest.

And there you have it for today.  A bit humorous, but still good.  Many thanks to sister Rowina for her contribution.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout the night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend, Paul