[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Thursday, December 13 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 02:53:53 UTC 2012

Well, Thursday is about to become history, at least here in North America.  For those of you in other countries, it's already Friday morning or afternoon.  Whatever time of day it is as you read this, I hope and pray that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that you all had a good day today or are having one.

Corinne J. Metcalf is back with us again with another one of her poems, this one having the title of "God's Gift of Love," rendered as follows:

Love was God's first gift to men,
It was love that gave us Jesus;
God gave to us His only Son
from sin and death He'd free us.

Christmas is all about Jesus!
Christmas is all about love!
Love and the gift of a Savior
We're so undeserving of.

We can know the love of Christmas
If the Christ Child we receive.
God's gift is ours for the asking,
If by faith we just believe.

Receive Him as Lord and Savior,
He's the hope that lies in us;
Our only hope of eternal life,
He's the One in whom we trust.

Hold Him in your arms of love,
Be comforted by His peace;
Rest in His heart of forgiveness,
In His love that will never cease.

Everyone needs to love and be loved
And to know the Savior so true.
Fall in love with the Little Lord Jesus--
He'll never stop loving you.

You know, after having read that, I can see in my mind's eye the late Pastor Karolyn Phillips composing a tune to this one, can't you? It would have been interesting to hear how it would have turned out.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul