[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] God's New Year's Resolution for You - Larry Ollison

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sun Jan 1 17:21:43 UTC 2012

Original Message:
From: "thefamilyoffaith" <TheFamilyofFaith at tampabay.rr.com>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] God's New Year's Resolution for You - Larry
Ollison
Date:
Sun, 1 Jan 2012 07:13:51 -0500

God's New Year's Resolution for You
by Dr. Larry Ollison

When I was a teenager, there was a science fiction movie called "1984."
It was, of course, about how "Big Brother" would rule the world in 1984.
Well, 1984 passed and Big Brother never showed up. There was another
science fiction TV series called "Space 1999" about a colony living on the
moon. Then there was another movie about space travel in the year 2001. It
was appropriately called "2001 Space Odyssey" with a sequel titled, "2010."

All of these movies predicted the future, and they were all wrong.
However, there is a book that has predicted future events and has been
perfectly accurate. It is, of course, the Bible.

The Bible tells of nations and kings, even using their names, before they
were ever born. The Bible tells of the rebirth of the nation of Israel. All
the facts of the future that were written in the past have happened, just
as written.

With this in mind, we can easily ignore all of the disastrous forebodings
of failure that the world predicts. While it may be true for some, it will
not come near you. (Psalm 91)

So, what has God promised His children? What has He predicted for their
future? The Bible says that the Holy Spirit shows the believer "things to
come," so we should know. Those who abide, meditate the Word, and listen.
do know.

In His Word, we are told that Jesus redeemed us from the curse of the
law. (Galatians 3:13) The curse as described in (Deuteronomy 28) is (1)
death, (2) sickness & disease, and (3) poverty. Jesus came to bring us
life, healing, and prosperity. It is our promise for the present and it is
our destiny for the future.

So as you listen to all the earthly "experts" predict failure, remember
this. As a Christian, you have been promised success in all areas of your
life, both now and in the age to come.

As you make your new year's resolutions, remember this. God has already
made one for you. He has resolved to make this new year your most
successful and wonderful year to date.

Remember, your best days are ahead of you.

Scripture References:
"A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand;
but it shall not come near you." (Psalm 91:7)

"However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into
all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He
hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come." (John 16:13)

"Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse
for us." (Galatians 3:13)