[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Lowell Lundstrom - (THE TREASURE OF TIME!)

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sun Jan 1 17:21:02 UTC 2012

Original Message:
From: "thefamilyoffaith" <TheFamilyofFaith at tampabay.rr.com>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Lowell Lundstrom - (THE TREASURE OF TIME!)
Date:
Sun, 1 Jan 2012 07:13:33 -0500

      JANUARY 1 - THE TREASURE OF TIME!

      This New Year is your gift from God. You should cherish it. You
should never feel sad over growing older. Think of your many friends who
have been denied the privilege. A walk through your local cemetery will
take the self-pity out of your heart.
      Clare Booth Luce, the wife of Henry Luce, former publisher of Time
and Life magazines, says that when you grow older your future is in your
past. Thank God, because of Jesus Christ, we truly have a future. The best
is yet to come!
      Because time has a way of slipping away, you'll have to make a
special effort to make the most of it.
      First, establish your priorities. Just what do you want to
accomplish this New Year?
      1. Spiritually___________________________________________________
      2. Socially (with your
family)______________________________________
      3. Intellectually_________________________________________________
      4. Financially___________________________________________________
      If you don't have a game plan for the New Year, beginning this very
day, you'll waste this treasure God has given you. When Jesus died on the
cross He cried, "It is finished" (John 19:30). He had completed His task.
      What is yours? Decide now.
      Take a moment-go back and fill in the lines under the special
headings. Otherwise, you will fail to complete the task God has called you
to do.
      Be tough on yourself. When Queen Elizabeth of England lay dying she
cried, "I'd give all of my empire for twenty more minutes of time."
      Can you imagine what she would give for the year that God has
probably given to you? And because this may be your last year of life-make
it the best ever by setting specific goals and then accomplish them.
      "But this I say, brethren, the time is short...." (1 Corinthians
7:29).
        a.. Also read: Hos. 10:12; Mark 1:15

REMEMBER: TIME IS A TREASURE THAT SHOULDN'T BE WASTED.

      (c) Lowell Lundstrom 1983-2011