[Faith-talk] Lord's Day Quotes and the Repeat of a Cordial Invitation

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 10:40:54 UTC 2012

Hello and good day to you all on this Lord's day, ladies and gentlemen and saints of the Most High God.  Before I begin the quotes per se, I'd like to state that, as you go out to your local Christian assembly, that you get a good word from the Lord as imparted to you by your pastors and/or Sunday School teachers and, more importantly, that you and your fellow congregants and students will apply what you have heard and learned to your individual lives as the gracious Holy Spirit enables.  And now for today's quotes.  Be blessed as you read them.

We are saved not by what we do but by trusting what Christ has done.

A parent's life is a child's guidebook.

When I consider my crosses, tribulations and temptations, I shame myself almost to death, thinking what they are in comparison to the suffering of my blessed Savior, Jesus Christ.  Martin Luther

The mark of a saint is not perfection but consecration.  A saint is not a person without faults, but a person who has given himself to God.  Westcott

There is no lovelier way to thank God for your sight than by giving a helping hand to someone in the dark.  Helen Keller

Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

And there you have it for today.  Hope you enjoyed reading them and that they were a blessing to you.

This afternoon at 3 p.m. eastern time, the Seasons of Refreshing phone conference line will be open for anyone who may wish to enlarge his/her network of friends.  We'll just have lighthearted chats, but if the Holy Spirit prompts, we may just focus on a single topic.  So, if you're interested and have time, join the undersigned and like-minded Christians by accessing the following phone number and code: 712-432-3066 and, when prompted, enter code 976895.  Normal long distance charges apply.

Until I see you on the chat line this afternoon or until tomorrow when, Lord willing more quotes will be presented, I remain your obedient servant of the One who lived an earthly existence, died to pay for your sins and mine, and now lives forever to bring us His salvation and peace, Paul Barnabas.