[Faith-talk] Lord's Day Quotes and the Repeat of a Cordial Invitation

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 10:56:52 UTC 2012

Hello and good day to you all, my fellow Christians and saints of the Most High God.  I hope that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that you had a peaceful and restful sleep last night.  I also hope and pray that, as you go to your local house of worship today, that you will get a good word from the Lord as imparted to you by your pastors and/or Sunday School teachers and, more importantly, that you will apply what you have heard and learned to your individual lives as the gracious Holy Spirit enables.  For those outside North America, I pray that you had the same.  Ditto for those of you who, for one reason or another, attend an online time of corporate worship or maybe you hear or watch the same over a local radio or TV station.  And now for more quotes submitted by Sister Sandra.

I have never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back. Zsa Zsa Gabor

Only Irish coffee provides, in a single glass, all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.  Alex Levine

My luck is so bad that, if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying.  Rodney Dangerfield

Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.  Spike Milligan

Until I was 13, I thought my name was Shut Up.  Joe Nameth

I don't feel old.  I don't feel anything until noon.  Then it's time for my nap.  Bob Hope

And there you have it for today.  Although admittedly not Christian, I trust that you enjoyed them nonetheless and that those who received them secondhand also enjoyed them.

Do you have a desire to expand your network of distant friends other than those you encounter in emails? Well, if you do, are interested and have time, today is the day when the Seasons of Refreshing phone chat line will be activated, beginning at 3 p.m. eastern.  We'll go until there is no other participant willing to talk, usually about two hours, but we could go longer or shorter depending on the circumstances.  So, if you're at all phone savvy and have unlimited long-distance, call the following number and code to get into the conference: 712-432-3066 and, when prompted, enter code 976895.  Will look forward to your participation, and remember, the time begins at 3 p.m. eastern time.

And now until tomorrow when, Lord willing more quotes will be presented, I remain your staunchly and uncompromisingly prolife advocate and Christian brother, Paul Barnabas.