[Faith-talk] Saturday's Quotes

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 11:06:49 UTC 2012

Hello and good day to you all, my fellow Christians and saints of the Most High God.  Here are today's quotes, submitted this time by Sandra Lawson from another list.  I hope you equally enjoy them, this time with sources.

Sometimes, when I look at my children, I say to myself, "Lillian, you should have remained a virgin." Lillian Carter

I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered, but I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: No good in a bed, but fine against a wall.  Eleanor Roosevelt

Last week, I stated this woman was the ugliest woman I had ever seen.  I have since been visited by her sister, and now wish to withdraw this statement.  Mark Twain

The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, and to have the two as close together as possible.  George Burns

Santa Claus has the right idea: Visit people only once a year.  Victor Borge

Be careful about reading health books.  You may die of a misprint.  Mark Twain

By all means marry.  If you get a good wife, you'll be happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.  Socrates (quote compiler's comment: Now he didn't leave any room for her to respond).

I was married by a judge.  I should have asked for a jury.  Groucho Marx

My wife has a slight impediment in her speech.  Every now and then she stops to breathe.  Jimmy Durante

And there you have it for today.  I sincerely hope that you ladies didn't feel like we guys are trying to dominate you.  It certainly is not my intention to do so.

And now until tomorrow when, Lord willing more quotes will be presented, I remain your staunchly and uncompromisingly prolife advocate and Christian brother, Paul Barnabas.