[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Monday, July 2 2012 and Profound Thanks

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 02:28:28 UTC 2012

Yes, we're back with the good night messages beginning this evening.  Before I begin, thanks so much for your prayers and concerns about my being on the internet, and particular thanks to a humble servant of the Lord for pointing out specifically what I had to do.

How was your day today? Mine was good; in fact, out of the million-plus people who were without power in the Baltimore-Washington metro area, I only lost electricity for a very brief period of time.  There are still quite a few people in the affected area without power, even some of my church members, so please pray for them.  I've been opening up my 40-year-old Coldspot freezer for those who had to temporarily store frozen items, which I was very glad to do for our church members.

And now for this evening's words of poetic inspiration.  I can't remember whether or not this poem had been presented previously, but it is by Grace E. Easley.  Entitled "While There Is Time," it is rendered as follows:

When we come to the end of the long, long road,
No matter how clever or shrewd
We've been through the years, how will we react
When the book of our life is viewed?
Whatever success we have managed to gain,
In spite of each brilliant degree,
What do you suppose His judgment will be
When God looks inside you and Me?

For it isn't the money we have in the bank,
The prudent investments we prize,
It isn't our status among the elite
That counts for a thing in His eyes.
When we entered this world, we had not a shred,
And we'll not take a thing when we leave,
Depending upon the seeds we have sown,
The welcome we're apt to receive.

So while there is time, let us see to the things
We cannot afford to neglect,
And by all the good we can possibly do,
Insure the reward we expect.

For moments are fleeting, it may be said,
Might be the last one you see,
And we must have an answer, for Jesus will ask,
"What have you accomplished for Me?"

Quite sobering words, right? But it's better to ponder them now then to stand before the Lord as the book of your life is opened and He say something to the effect, "Now you were in a position to help someone out.  Why didn't you do it in such-and-such situation?" And I include myself in these sentiments, so don't think for a moment that I'm picking on anyone individually.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout the night and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian brother, Paul