[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Sunday, July 8 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 01:06:55 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening once again to all my fellow saints of the Most High God residing in North America.  For those of you in Australia, you're probably eating lunch, about to start or probably just finished it, whereas if you live in New Zealand you're experiencing hopefully a pleasant early afternoon, at least as this is being written.  How was your Sunday today? Mine was good in all aspects from the breaking of the Bread of Life to our monthly fellowship lunch.

Our words of inspiration come from the pen of a blind poetess named Ivy Rylander of Chowchilla CA.  Her poem is entitled "Always Be Ready," and is rendered as follows:

"Always be ready," my father used to say,
"Be thoughtful, kind and loving;
Make the most of every day."

"Always be ready,"
Was my mother's good advice.
"Don't treasure any worldly things,
For it is never worth the price."

Always be ready.
Let your heart and mind be free
Of sinful words and actions,
A friend once said to me.

"Always be ready."
He took my hand and smiled.
"Don't you know Jesus will help you,"
Said the voice of a little child.

Always be ready.
Don't enter any worldly place
That you cannot invite the Savior,
Where you lose sight of His loving face.

And if you have a cross to bear
In this world of sin and strife,
God will help you to be ready
To gain eternal life,
For the Master has said,
"I'll come again."
Be patient, be faithful, be true,
And someday soon
We shall see Him.
I Want to be ready, don't you?

And there you have the thoughtful words from a lady who by now is probably with her Lord.  Don't know if any of you Californians have ever heard of Mrs. Ivy Rylander or not, but if you have, it would be nice to know if she may still be living.  Just a curious turn of mind from the undersigned.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in the last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul