[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Tuesday, July 10 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 02:08:21 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to my North American fellow saints of the Most High God, and good day to my fellow saints residing in other parts of the world.  How was your day today? Mine was good, overall, especially in light of the fact that this Friday evening at 6 p.m. the undersigned will be gathering with fellow Christian singles at a local franchise of Chillies Restaurant that always has good food and, for us blind people, they have large print and Braille menus.  Anyway I know that the evening with fellow saints locally will be good.

Mrs. J. Marshall Warren, a blind lady living in Nashville TN contributed a poem to the old Christian Record Talking Magazine a number of years ago entitled "A New Friend," with a sequel that she added before sending it to Christian Record.  I think you'll find this rather clever.  With apologies for perhaps wrong punctuation and verse divisions, it is rendered as follows:

A blind man called on us last week,
At least I thought him blind,
But after he began to speak,
I had to change my mind.

He sees much more than some folks do
Whose eyes are well and whole.
He sees the spirit that is true,
The beauty of the soul.

An inner vision shows him much
That eyes can never find,
And since he sees by sound and touch,
Why should we call him blind?

Two hours he spent with us and more,
Such pleasant hours were they,
And promised as he reached the door
To come again some day.

Years later I (Mrs. Warren) wrote this sequel:

He did come back, just like he said,
Not once, but many times,
And four years later
We were wed,
And I'm still making rhymes.

And there you have it for now.  I hope that the term "inner vision" didn't bother you all too much, as we've all probably heard that term about us that we possess "inner vision." It may be true to some extent, but I won't hazard an opinion on that subject.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout the night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul