[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Wednesday, July 11 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 01:12:30 UTC 2012

Once again it's about time for us to symbolically place us under the bedclothes.  Anyone here wishing to do that for me? In exchange, I'll do that for you.  At least it's almost time to do that here in eastern North America.  For those of you in the Midwest, mountain and west coast, you've got a few more hours to go, unless of course you customarily go to bed early.  And for the rest of you living in other parts of the world, I hope that your Thursday is going well or will go well.

Mrs. Gertrude A. Demstedt of La Mesa California contributed tonight's poem.  It's a shorty, but it speaks volumes to me, reminding the undersigned of the old but often true saying that "great things sometimes come in small packages." Her poem was entitled "Friendship," and is rendered as follows:

Does anyone know?
Does anyone care where you go or how you fare?
Whether you smile or whether you sigh,
Whether you laugh or whether you cry,
Glad when you're happy,
Sad when you're blue,
Does anyone care what becomes of you?
I care, dear friend,
I really do,
And best of all,
God cares for you.

Do you see what I mean that, in these few simple words, a lot was said, or was I the only one who was able to read "between the lines?" Well, I hope that not only you did, but that others did also.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout the night and especially in these last evil days in which we live.  Good night and sweet dreams to all of us.  Paul