[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Thursday, July 12 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 01:49:09 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to all my fellow saints of the Most High God residing in North America, and good day to the rest of you in other parts of this world.  I hope that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that you in North America had a good day today and that you in other parts of our world are or will have a good Friday.  As to my situation regarding our rehab center, I discovered that they just couldn't come out and give me more advanced computer training without some other thing they could do, so I suggested that they add some brush-up O&M teaching, something that I sorely need.  Anyway the interview went well and now it's only a matter of time before I receive either an e-mail or phone call telling me who is coming and when.  So, all in all, it was good.

Mr. Emmett Russel of Gossville NH contributed this rather philosophical and insightful poem for this evening.  Like all previous poets and poetesses since the Saturday evening post, all are either blind or visually impaired.  Mr. Russell's poem is entitled "The Potter's Wheel," and is rendered as follows:

The hand of the world is careless
With the Potter's vessels of clay.
It mars them often and scars them,
And heedlessly throws them away.
But the Potter, with infinite patience,
Molds them again to His plan,
Turns on the wheel of sorrow:
The perfect measure of man.

Short but profound.  Can anyone here elaborate on the line "Turns on the wheel of sorrow?" I don't quite understand what Mr. Russell is driving at here.  Sorry for the ignorance, but just thought to ask.  Thanks in advance.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout the night or day and especially in these last days.  Before I go, anyone here want to symbolically tuck the undersigned into bed?  Your Christian brother, Paul