[Faith-talk] Beliefs and Practices of the RCA

Doris and Chris chipmunks at gmx.net
Wed Jul 18 19:16:32 UTC 2012

I was hoping you might respond to the query, Pastor Tom. :-)

When going to the webpage that was cited for reasons not to join that
Reformed Church, I actualy did not see what the objection was
supposed to be. Since the page dealt with the treatment of and
position towards homosexuals in the church, I guess this was supposed
to be the objectionable position of the church. I did not find
anything wrong with their take on homosexuality at all. Rather I
appreciated the differentiation between objection to the sin of
homosexuality but the loving acceptance of the homosexuals.

This is what good old Luther (greetings from LUtherland!) referred to
as "god hating the sin but loving the sinner). I firmly believe that
the way to calling a sinner to repentence is not by judging them and
excluding them but by showing them Jesus's love and welcome so that
they _want_ to repent of their sin and do right and not because they
are forced to or otherwise denied any warmth and fellowship.

God bless,

Doris