[Faith-talk] How do you become a chaplin, or be able to be there for those who are sick in hospitals?

Alicia Richards alicianfb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 18:22:30 UTC 2012

Hi, all.  Jenny, I recommend contacting your local hospital, or hospice
group, and asking if such volunteer opportunities exist.  I know that in the
town I grew up in, one of the hospitals has what they call their "pastoral
care," program, where they train lay-people to visit those who are patients
in the hospital and minister to them.  I used to be involved in it before I
moved away, and it was a great program that did a lot of good for both
patients and those who went through it as volunteers.  Maybe your community
might have something similar?

Alicia