[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Sunday, July 29 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 01:18:42 UTC 2012

Hello and good day to all my fellow saints of the Most High God residing on Planet Earth.  To us in North America, I hope that your day went well in the Lord, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.  Mine started out as normal, but when I went to Rosemont Community Church, an all-black congregation located about two miles northeast of where I live, I experienced such warmth and caring that would be hard to duplicate.  I just wished that some of you who feel that no one cares enough for you physically, and I mean in your local area, could have been with me, as you would have experienced the same thing.

For the next three days poetic words will be coming from the July 2012 issue of the Gospel Messenger magazine, published by the Gospel Association for the Blind.  I'm happy to report that this publication can now be read online at http://www.gaftblind.org.  Just click on the Media button, select the desired issue to read/listen, and you should be there.

Michael Dubina has our words of inspiration for this evening.  I'm asking those of you who feel particularly lonely to gather around me virtually and let's hold hands as Michael gives us his words of inspiration.  Entitled "He Is There," it is rendered as follows:

When we call to God, in prayer,
He is where we choose to be,
Be we in a rocking chair
Or upon a raging sea,
And He's always there, with Grace,
To endear us in embrace
And make calm the dreads and fears
That engulf our life in tears.

He is there, for you and me,
For our trust and faith in prayer,
Does not matter when we call
Or our place from anywhere,
By the light of night or day,
He is Shepherd to our way
And our Guardian of care
When we call to Him, in prayer.

My, but one of your hands sure felt good in mine, and I'm not trying to imply the beginning of a romance or anything like that.  Thanks for taking the time for virtual hand-holding or, if you'd like a more original term for that, interdigital communication.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last evil days in which we live.  Your Christian brother, Paul