[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Saturday, July 28 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 01:04:24 UTC 2012

Hello and good day to you all wherever you live in this world.  I hope that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that your day went well today.  In many parts of the world it is Sunday as this is being written, but here in North America it's still Saturday.

When this poem was written Robert Starr of Nebraska City Nebraska was only 17 years old, but the Lord sure gave him some wise insight into the minds of some people regarding God.  Entitled "Fools Say, God Is Dead," it is rendered as follows:

God made the hills and the rolling plains.
He made the snows and the gentle rains.
He made the sky and the stars so bright,
And made the moon to rule the night.

He set the sun in the sky overhead,
And yet, they say that God is dead.

God does make the crops to grow,
And He does cause the wind to blow.
He made the grass to sparkle with dew.
He made the trees, and He made you.
He made the rose so velvety and red,
And still some say, "God is dead."

God made the birds on the wing.
He made the songs that they sing.
He made the wind and tide obey.
He made the night that ends the day,
And the oceans by rivers fed,
And still, they say, "God is dead."

God made the hills and the mountains rise.
He placed the rainbow in the skies.
God made a country great and free,
Then He gave it to you and me.
For America, to freedom He has led
And stills fools say that God is dead.

His handiwork is ours to behold,
But time runs out as the years unfold.
God promised believers life after death,
So when scoffers draw their dying breath
And death's wings o'er them are spread,
Will they still say that God is dead?

And there you have it for today.  Can you imagine a 17-year-old person, boy or girl, writing such a rhyme in this day and age, unless, of course, they are thoroughly grounded in the Word and in Christian teaching? I would say perhaps they would, but it sure seems unlikely, at least to me.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last evil days in which we live.  Your Christian brother, Paul