[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Thursday, May 31 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 02:08:49 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to my fellow saints residing in North America.  Before I begin this Good Night Message, I must tell you that, for hopefully a brief period of time, both the Good Night messages and the daily quotes are going to be suspended.  Now it's not over anything anybody said or wrote.  In fact I really liked your feedback.  However, in the past week or so, I feel that the devil or one of his demons, most likely the latter, has been telling me that what I'm doing is of me and not the Lord.  This is not true, of course, but I just can't shake the thought from my mind.  So, insofar as possible, I'm going to put out a fleece and ask the Lord for some kind of confirmation as to whether or not I should continue, and, if so, to let me know that what I'm doing is of the Lord.  I hope that this turn of events won't disappoint you, and hopefully the situation can be resolved within a short time.

Moving onto more pleasant topics, I hope that your day went well and, if you reside elsewhere in this world, that your day is going well.  Mine was just an ordinary day.

A lady named Penelope Gamble contributed this evening's poem.  Entitled "God's Gifts," it is rendered as follows:

Have you ever really thought about
The beauty Nature brings?
Have you listened at the break of day
To a baby robin sing?
Have you seen a pink cloud slipping
Behind an orange sun
When a patch of gray and purple sky
Signals the day is done?

Can you ever walk along a beach
As your toes push through the sand
And not wonder how each grain was formed
In this ever-mighty land?
Do you feel the wonder of it all
With the treasures that you hold?
God's gifts are much more priceless
Than a storehouse full of gold.

Go ahead and count your blessings;
They were yours right from the start.
God's gifts are very precious,
So keep them in your heart.

And there you have Sister Penelope's submission for the evening.  It goes without saying that your prayers on behalf of what I related to previously will be very much appreciated and, if the Spirit moves and you have my phone number, a phone call would be just as nice.  I can talk as little as 30 seconds to as long as three hours, if you've got the time and my number.  Thanks in advance.  Tomorrow's quotes will be posted as usual with essentially the same announcement.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep you all and me safe throughout the night and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian brother, Paul