[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Sunday, June 3 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 01:19:45 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening all of you in North America.  For those of you in Australia and New Zealand, I trust that your day is going well.  On the other hand, if you live in the UK or in a European country, your day is about to begin.  Anyway I hope that we in North America had a good time in the Lord at our respective houses of worship, whether they be local or on line.

Our inspirational words this evening come from the pen of Matthew Henry, famous for his Bible commentary.  This is an extract of one of his works entitled "A Method For Prayer," and is especially apropos for a good night message.  Here it is.

We commit ourselves to Thee this night, and desire to dwell in the secret place of the Most High, and to abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  Let the Lord be our habitation, and let our souls be at home in Him.  When we awake, grant that we may still be with Thee, and may remember Thee upon our beds, and meditate upon Thee in the night watches, that when we are alone we may not be alone, but God may be with us, and we with Him.

May the above words written maybe 300 or more years ago minister to you this night.  And may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian brother and koinonial friend, Paul Smith