[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Monday, June 4 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 02:42:11 UTC 2012

Hello all of you and, for us who live in North America, a good day.  To those of you in Australia or New Zealand I hope that your day is going well.  And how about you folks in the UK or in Europe? As this is being written you probably have about an hour before dawn rolls back the darkness of the night.  Anyway hope that your Tuesday will go well also.

Yours truly under another pseudonym contributed words of inspiration.  It was written in June 2009 and is entitled "You're Always Here," a reflection on our heavenly Father.  My earthly dad died in December of 1976.  Unfortunately he remained a lifelong nominal Catholic all his life, and never experienced the joy of knowing Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior, but then he wasn't interested.  Anyway these lines are rendered as follows:
As I walk along life's busy road,
I look, my Lord, to Thee
For guidance and assurance,
And You're always here for me.
No matter where the road may lead,
I can count on You each day
To always be beside me
And show me the right way.

Thank You, my Father dear,
For the kindness that You give.
I'll praise You with all my heart
Every day that I shall live.

This poem was republished in the 2012 booklet issued by the Christian Poetry Society entitled "Poems From God's Humble Servants," and I understand that it is already in its fourth printing.  It contains poetry by some 14 poets and poetesses residing in three countries: the U.S., Canada and the former Pacific island kingdom of Tonga.  Unfortunately it is not yet available either online or in an accessible format for print-handicapped readers, although some of us are trying to effect changes that would make it accessible.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us all individually and collectively safe throughout the night and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian brother, Paul B. Smith