[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Thursday, June 14 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 02:42:53 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening or good day to you all, depending on where in this world you live.  I hope that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that your day went well.  My day went well, especially at the doctor's office where I learned that, since my last visit six months ago, I only gained one pound, and that was without doing any special dieting or exercising.  However when I visit the doctor again, will enroll myself in what is known locally around here as the Medifax Weight Loss Program.  They sell the specially prepared food which consists of five meals per day instead of the customary three.

"Simple Trust" by Anna M. Matthews is the poem that I'd like to share with you this evening, rendered as follows:

Have you ever wondered how
Trees come alive in Spring?
Barren branches fill with leaves
With new buds opening?
And have you seen the crocus
Push right up through the snow?
How could it know the timing
Was right for it to show?

The lily bulb, long dormant,
In frozen icy ground
Awakens from its slumber,
Spreads beauty all around.
Knowing leaves that drop in Fall
Appear again in Spring;
Shouldn't it be simple to
Trust God for everything?

Perhaps one would say after reading this, "Easier said or expressed than believing it.  You don't know my situation." To that I would reply, "Yes, I don't know what you're going through, but have you at least given it a try to simply trust God to bring about what you need? After all, its free for us." Anyway just my observation on Sister Matthews' poem.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout the night and especially in these last days in which we live.  The next three nights' poems will be directed or focused on Father's Day, just as we did on Mother's Day for those who have been with me since the beginning.  Hey folks, I believe in equal time, and I hope you do also.

And now may the peace of God rule in our hearts as, for some of us, we prepare to go to bed.  If you read this message on awakening, I hope that your sleep was both peaceful and tranquil.  Your Christian brother, Paul