[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Wednesday, June 20 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 01:20:43 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to my fellow saints of the Most High God residing in North America, and good day to the rest of the world residing in other places outside the western hemisphere.  By God's matchless grace and His providential care, I hope that your day went well or is going well.  Mine was normal, but at least it wasn't a bad day, except for the heat, but, thank God for air conditioning.

Under the pseudonym Clay Harrison, the undersigned penned the following lines back in 2001 when he was laid off his job as a medical transcriber for a local hospital after almost 31 years.  At the time I wanted to get back at the hospital administration for doing what they did without telling me what would eventually happen previous to my being fired.  Entitled "A Call To Forgiveness," this prayer-poem expresses what I felt just before I understood why the hospital people did what they did.  This is rendered as follows:

Teach us to forgive, dear Lord,
Those who do us wrong.
Help us set aside the hurt
And somehow move along.

Help us control our anger
When people are unkind,
And help us turn the other cheek
When troubles cloud our mind.

Forgive us, Lord, when we offend
And need forgiveness too,
And give us now a second chance
To right the wrongs we do.

Lord, You forgave them from the cross
And we can do no less,
For a heart that's filled with anger
Cannot find happiness.

Forgiveness is a bridge we build
That magnifies the Lord
When we work for brotherhood
And strive for one accord.

Help us live from day to day
More willing to forgive.
Lord, help us strive for peace on earth
Each day that we shall live.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout the night, day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian brother, Paul