[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Thursday, June 21 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 02:00:16 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening once again to my fellow saints of the Most High God residing in North America.  For the rest of you in other parts of the world, I hope that your day went well, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

Our words of comfort and reassurance this evening come not from someone's God-given poetic ability, but from a very short article that I found in an edition of the Gospel Messenger some years ago.  It is entitled "Where To Look in the Bible," and is rendered as follows:

Where to look in the Bible when you:
Need rest and peace: Matthew 11:25-30

Worry: Matthew 6:19-34

Are lonely or fearful: Psalm 23

Need peace of mind: John 14:27; Philippians 4:6-8

Are disappointed by people: Psalm 27; I John 1

Are discouraged: Psalm 34

Feel God seems far away: Psalm 139

Think the world seems bigger than God: Psalm 90

Are sick: Psalm 41

Feel sorrowful: John 14; Psalm 46

Are in danger: Psalm 91

Want courage: Joshua 1:1-9

Need assurance: Romans 8

Forget your blessings: Psalm 103

Are looking for joy: Colossians 3

Leave home to travel: Psalm 121

Think of investments: Mark 10:17-31

Need guidelines for living: Matthew 5-7; Romans 12

Need rules of conduct: Exodus 20:1-17

Need to know God's will for your life: Proverbs 3:1-6

Grow bitter or critical: I Corinthians 13

Have sinned: Psalm 51; I John 1

And there you have it.  Some of you more astute Bible students can probably think of more verses under the various categories mentioned above, but at least these will get you started.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout the night or day, especially in the last days in which we live.  Your Christian brother, Paul