[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Tuesday, May 1 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Wed May 2 01:24:05 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to all my fellow saints of the Most High God residing in North America.  It's about to wind down for the day, at least here on the east coast, but you in the central, mountain and Pacific time zones have a bit more time, although I have no idea when you individually go to bed, as such things can vary from day to day depending on various circumstances, such as whether you have company over for a social and, to be polite, you don't exactly want to shoo them away, especially if they're good friends of yours.  Others of you may be watching a movie on TV or maybe on the Web.  Or perhaps you like to go for a late night snack at an all-night deli, to mention just a few.  Anyway hope your day went well.

Our words of inspiration this evening come from the pen of Kay Hoffman in her poem-prayer entitled "Be Thou My Guiding Light," rendered as follows:

Be Thou my guiding light, Lord,
On life's tempestuous sea,
And guide this fragile craft of mine
Where You would have me be.

I need to know that You are near,
A lamp unto my feet,
That I could help someone today
And make their life more sweet.

Like the lighthouse by the sea
Guide me to Thy port of call,
That I would serve You better,
My dearest wish of all.

And now let us hold each other's hearts, minds, souls and spirits together, with the Holy Spirit's cementing glue, whatever that means.  That term just came to me, for which I thank our Sovereign Lord.  Good night and pleasant dreams all of you.  "And now may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit remain with you." Your Christian brother, Paul