[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Wednesday, May 16 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu May 17 01:33:58 UTC 2012

Good evening, my fellow saints of the Most High God.  I hope and pray that your day went well, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, and that your sleep will go well this evening.  It was a bit oppressively warm here in the Baltimore-Washington metro areas owing to the high humidity coupled with temperatures in the low to mid 80's, but we survived it, thank God.

Our words of inspiration this evening come from the fertile poetic mind of Lanette Kissel.  Her submission is entitled "Infinite Faith," and is rendered as follows:

I want to say with complete confidence
that I trust in the Lord for everything.
I want to feel that comfort and peace
total reliance on Him can bring.

I want to take faith the size of a mustard seed
and make it grow into a mountain,
Where my trust is evident and infinite,
overwhelming from an eternal fountain.

I want faith that refuses to recognize
the boundaries of time and space,
A faith that is simply so strong
nothing could ever take its place,
A faith that no trials or troubles
will ever be able to erase.

I desire faith that is able to stand alone
when Satan puts me to the test,
A time when putting my trust in the Lord
will be what I do best,
Faith as far as the north is from the south,
as the east is from the west.

Just when will I have enough?
How far can my faith extend?
It's only when my trust in Him
Will seemingly have no end.

May these words of Sister Lanette minister to you as either you read them before you retire to bed, or perhaps you will read them first thing in the morning.  And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep you safe throughout the night and especially in these last days.  This is the sincere hope and desire of your obedient servant of the Lord, Paul.