[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Thursday, May 17 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Fri May 18 02:29:01 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to all my fellow saints of the Most High God residing in North America.  How was your day today? Mine was good, except that when I went to my periodontist, his hygienist lectured me on not getting all the tartar off my teeth.  I told her that, as a totally blind person, that I had no idea when I removed it in its entirety.  But would she or her periodontist/supervisor give me some guidelines? Absolutely not, despite the fact that several months ago I posed such a question to the Q&A portion of the American Academy of Periodontology's website http://www.perio.org.  Oh well, that's life I guess, and I won't let it get me down.  Besides my troubles might seem puny compared to some of yours.  I try to be sensitive to things like this.

Anyway our inspirational words for this evening were written by Neysa K. Smith.  Don't even know if this person is male or female, as I've never come across that name before.  But the undersigned will take the liberty of assuming it's a female name.  Anyway the name of the poem is entitled "All Power," and is rendered as follows:

It's Almighty God's power, that makes the world spin,
And if you open your heart and let Him come in,
He'll show you that He can be your guiding light;
He'll steer you from wrong and lead to right.

He has power to change night into day.
He has power to make a way out of no way.
Every good blessing comes from God up above,
Gifts of His kindness, mercy and love.

He is the giver of eternal life.
He can conquer all turmoil, grief and strife.
He's a wonderful Master worthy to be praised.
We would do well to serve Him all of our days.

Above Him there's no other, He's the power that is.
He's our heavenly Father and we're glad to be His.
So let the world know, everyday that you live,
That you serve a God with so much to give.

In His arms He can shield you from all danger and harm,
And when life treats you coldly, His love keeps you warm.
He was in the beginning and will be in the end.
He's an all powerful God, our Lord and our Friend.

I hope that these words ministered to you as you read them either before retiring to bed or maybe just after you got up in the morning.  And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep you safe throughout this night and especially in the last days in which we live.  Your obedient servant of the Lord, Paul