[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Monday, May 21 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 01:41:02 UTC 2012

Again, hello and good evening to you all from your good night messenger.  Hey, I like that one.  Anyway I hope that your day went well.  For those in Britain, in Europe or anywhere else in the world, I hope that your day is going well, for you being Tuesday.  But as usual I'm probably confusing things for us in North America.

Our wise words of inspiration this evening come from the fertile pen, mind and brain of someone featured in this spot before, Edna Abbott by name.  Her contribution is entitled "Doing Your Math," and is rendered as follows:

When you wake up in the morning
Do you think to do your math?
Do you count the many blessings
God has strewn across your path?

If you tell the Lord you're thankful
For all the stuff you've got
It may help you not to worry
Bout some things that you have not.

Take time to count your blessings
When you're starting out your day,
You'll find it makes a difference
In the things you do and say.

As a suggestion to some, especially if you're bored or that you don't have anything to do, please save the above lines that Sister Edna has written, and look at them often.  I can't begin to tell you how many private email messages I've received since the Good Night Messages were started some weeks ago.  As the Scripture states referring to Peter's actions, I just "launched out into the deep," and I sure caught a lot of "fish," as evidenced by the private messages regarding these nightly posts.  As I communicated to one person today who receives them, I try to write them from the point of view of the reader/listener rather than just a compiler.  And do I hate the cookie-cutter approach to people! Maybe you don't know where I'm coming from here, but maybe you do.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us all safe throughout the night and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian brother, Paul