[Faith-talk] Although a Little Late, Good Night Message for Friday, May 25 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sat May 26 02:52:53 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to my fellow saints of the Most High God residing in North America.  The sun has pretty well set across our continent but, on the other hand in Britain and in Europe, dawn is probably breaking, and in Australia and New Zealand you're enjoying hopefully a lovely Saturday afternoon.  Hope I'm not confusing anyone here.  For those of us in North America, you are probably in bed now or will be, depending on where you live.

Helen Gleason, a lovely poetess featured in previous good night messages, contributes the inspirational poem for this evening.  Her submission is entitled "A Lamp for Jesus," and is rendered as follows:

Let's be a lamp for Jesus
And spread His light around.
So many live in darkness,
For the Savior they've not found.

Light up the darkest corners
Of lonely people's minds.
Tell them of His salvation
So they will Heaven find.
Let's keep our lamps filled up with oil
Then our light will shine bright,
So Jesus will be seen in us
Even on the darkest night.

Let's be a lamp for Jesus.
Bring hope to some each day
And tell of His salvation
To all who come our way.
A lamp that shines for Jesus
Is what I want to be,
And when I spread His light around
May His love be what they see.

I hope and pray that as each of us in our own little ways interact with people we know who don't know Jesus as their personal Savior, that our little lights will be burning bright and that our neighbors, family members and friends, even the homeless person who lives in a shack down the street, will see Jesus in us.  This may be a little bit difficult to imagine, but there are some people I've interacted with personally online who, just by their verbal words, would be very convincing for the undersigned to turn to the Lord if he didn't know Him.  Thankfully I do know Him.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us all safe throughout the night and especially in the last days in which we live.  Good night, sweet dreams and may the God of peace be with you.  Paul