[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Monday, May 27 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 03:41:44 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to my fellow saints of the Most High God residing in North America.  I hope that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that your day went well and, for those of you who had the opportunity to attend military ceremonies in the U.S., that such were meaningful to you.  For those of you outside North America, I hope that your day is going well.

Our words of inspiration this evening come from the pen of the undersigned.  Entitled "If God Had Made No Flowers," it was inspired by a poem found in the Winter 1972 issue of "Dialogue" magazine.  That poem was very short, and I forget who wrote it, but it was entitled "My Wish," and was rendered as follows:

My thoughts upon a flower,
My hands upon its stalk;
I wish you were a telephone
So I could hear you talk.

Well, that was somewhat short, so about 25 years later the Lord gave me the following to write:

How dull and plain this earth would be
If God had made no flowers.
There'd be no blooming gardens then,
Nor any fragrant bowers.
The dews of morn would bring less joy,
And so would summer's showers;
Nor would the sunbeams seem as bright
If God had made no flowers.

The trees would bear no blossoms sweet,
And through the summer hours
The wind would have no scented breath
If God had made no flowers.

Oh, lovely flowers, they are
One of Nature's fairest dowers,
And I'm so very glad this spring
That God has made the flowers.

Some here have asked me if I'd think of being a full-time poet.  The answer is no, as I'm not as much a poet as say Helen Steiner Rice.  If I were to pursue this occupation full-time, I'd have to ask you all for handouts, something that I'd rather not do given the state of the economy and the ability for blind people to send checks to worthy charitable causes.  Besides, I just don't like to ask for handouts.  So, in a nutshell, is why I don't pursue this occupation.  However, when the Spirit moves, and the Lord gives me words to write, them will I put down on paper.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep you safe throughout the night and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian brother, Paul