[Faith-talk] Correction: Wrong year on Retreat Letter

Rhanda Hasley rhanda.hasley at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 29 23:23:06 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,

A couple of days ago I sent you all information about this year’s retreat of the Texas Church Conference of the Blind.  However, later I realize that I had written the wrong year, although it’s correct in my original letter.  Please accept my apologies.  Below is the corrected letter.

This year’s TCCB retreat will take place August 3-5, 2012, at Camp Mt. Lebanon in Cedar Hill. You are cordially invited to join us for a weekend of worship, Bible study, inspiration, food and fellowship.

This year, our theme is "A Journey to Spiritual Maturity: Building upon the Foundation,” based on 1 Corinthians 2:15-16, and our theme hymn is "The Church’s One Foundation.” Our Bible teacher is TCCB board member Rehnee Aikens from Houston. In addition, there will be stimulating chapter programs, a business meeting, a talent and inspiration night, and a short, moderated Bible discussion.

There will be three partial scholarships available for three first-time attendees at the retreat. Each scholarship will be valued at $50.00. Should you wish to apply for one of these scholarships, please write us a letter, telling us a little about yourself, indicating financial need and why you feel attending this conference would be beneficial to you. Scholarship application letters should reach us by June 25. These letters may be e-mailed to rhanda.hasley at sbcglobal.net, or submitted in Braille, CD, cassette, or print to:

Rhanda Hasley, 4522 Abbott Avenue, #12, Dallas, TX 75205-3946.

Transportation will be available from Dallas, Ft. Worth and Houston. For Ft. Worth call Tim Gil at 817-404-2547. For Dallas, call Rhanda Hasley at 214-522-9817, and for Houston, call Rehnee Aikens at 713-526-4814.

The cost for 2 nights lodging, six meals, and all the trimmings will be $95.00 per person, and two people will share a room. You must have your money in by July 23. Please make checks payable to TCCB, with "Retreat" on the memo line, and send them to our treasurer, Glenda Goodwin, at 2319 Famous Drive, #811, Dallas, TX 75208.

Finally, if you have any special dietary needs that you are concerned about for this weekend, please let us know by July 23. We will try our best to meet these needs. Please remember that we are working with a kitchen and staff that may not be able to meet specific needs. There are snack machines in the meeting area and you are encouraged to bring whatever supplemental snacks and anything else that you feel comfortable eating.

We are confident this weekend will be a time of inspiration and renewal for everyone who attends, and look forward to seeing you there.

In His service,

Rhanda Hasley, President

TCCB