[Faith-talk] is it wrong to question?

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Wed Nov 14 16:29:09 UTC 2012

Hi Timothy,

It is not wrong to question the Bible, as long as you do it with a
heart and attitude that is right before God. Scripture will answer
Scripture, and most questions can be answered by the Bible. There
are, however, some things that we won't know until we are with our
Lord in heaven.

I'm a little vague as to how the 66 books were decided upon as the
complete Christian Bible, but what is there is believed to be
inspired by God. Those books left are not believed to be inspired by
God, and therefore have not been included. They are considered to be
historical, not God-inspired.

As to the belief that God is in all of us, and just needs to be
found, that is wrong thinking. God has created us, but God finds and
chooses us, not the other way around. That puts the responsibility
initially on God where it belongs. Our responsibility is to answer
His call to us to be His chosen elect.

John answered well, as did Shiela and Paul. The more you read and
study the Bible, the more you'll learn. Be careful what books you
read and believe. Anything that adds to the Bible or goes against it,
is not to be believed. Read Bible commentaries by Godly men to help
you understand it, not novels or the Book of Mormon, or any other
book that says it's more that you need to know about Christ or God.
The Bible tells us that we are not to add to, or take away from it,
and that's the only rule to obey where that is concerned. The Bible
stands alone, and it's all Christians need as the final Word.

Blessings,

Linda